Monday, March 30, 2009

We are here!

Its hard to believe that we are actually in Thailand!
The flights went good, and D & T did so well. Andrew got pretty fussy and stir crazy, but I expected that! Asiana Airlines is so courteous, and I would highly recommend them. The stewardesses take their job seriously, and are constantly ready to serve you. The first flight was 11 hours long from Seattle to South Korea. Our 55 min. layover in Seoul was cut short, and we got to our next flight in the nick of time. This flight to Bangkok was 6 hours long. Andrew burst into tears when he realized we were heading to another airplane seat! So I sat down feeling very stressed. But this flight was full of friendly Asians who enjoyed him. People behind me started clapping at A, talking to him, and taking his picture. I just had to laugh! My nice private life has ended... Often during the flight I looked up to see someone standing in the aisle or behind us, watching us curiously! One lady looked at A and just started laughing and laughing. Maybe its the red hair? Or maybe it was me... : /
Seriously, that is one area I am praying for grace in. I am someone who likes my space, and to have people watching me constantly, and trying to "help" me, is very hard. The Thai people love to help and serve you. May God help me to not be a proud American who thinks my way is best, simply because its my way.
We spent the night in a hotel in Bangkok, and got some horizontal, which felt so good! I was so glad the children slept too. Flew to Chiang Mai this morning, and got our temporary house. It is alot nicer than I expected. Went to Big C (Walmart/mall type of store) for lunch and a few necessities. It is quite hot and the children are ready to hit the pool! :)
Well, think I will go nap with the children. Much love to you, my family & friends! I miss you so much already.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you made it to your destination. I am one of Chris' friends and will be following you. I will also pray for you. Dawn Young

    ReplyDelete
  2. May you lift your voice and cry out:

    "The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him."

    Let His strength strengthen you, remembering Exodus 14:14--The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.

    May His presence be the fragrance of the air you breathe causing you to burst out in songs of praise to Him.

    May the awareness of so great a salvation whereby you have been saved so burn in your heart that it starts fires in those around you so that others are saved.

    May your relationship with God be personal and rich and deep so that every heart beat keeps the cadence of your life as you step in time, resonating to the heart beat of God. May the meditation of your heart speak the words in rhythm--"My God."

    May you prepare Him a Habitation in your heart and in your home. May He come and fill you with all the fullness of Himself.

    May your heart be an altar of incense rising up to heaven. May God be exalted above all else by your life and by your words. May He be exalted in your heart, in your home and in your outreach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so good to hear from you and see some pictures!! We miss you so much and think of you often. We are praying for you and we love you!
    Landon says, "I love you and I miss you, you are special" Chloe says, "I hope you are having fun in Thailand, it looks beautiful there, I love you" Lincoln says, "I love you and I wish you could come back because I miss you, I will pray for you! The Lord richly bless you, cause His face to shine upon you and give you peace today! Love, The Flory's

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I Luke unto one dear Church which is in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from Him which is, and which was, and which is to come. It seemed good to me to write unto you seeing you have been removed from our presence now for some time. You have been on our hearts continually from the time you headed unto that faraway land aboard a stange bird which carrieth fire in it's tail. Since your departure we have not ceased to pray for you continually. And not for you only, but for those round about you, that they might be ready to see and recieve the glorious GOSPEL that you bring unto them. Often times we have desired to see your faces, and even now would desire to come unto you. But seeing that the time is not yet at hand to come unto that faraway place in which you now dwell, we daily look unto our monitor to see if, perchance, you have updated your blog. I thank my God daily for you, and that you are willing to follow His will for your life. I trust Him also that He will continue to provide peace and safety unto you all. However, I have somewhat against thee that thou has not posted any pictures of what type of tent thou dwellest in, or donkey thou ridest apon. I trust that this is due only because of the busy-ness of thine household, and that soon you shall find time to again post unto us all. Peace be to thy household, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. All the saints send love, chiefly they that are of my household. The grace of our LORD JESUS CHRIST be with you all. Amen

    ReplyDelete