You know those people you get so impatient with? The ones who have immigrated to America, and still don't speak English. Oh yes, the ones who get up to the check out and have to have the salesclerk count out their change. Well, guess what... I am now one of 'em!
I can't even do a simple thing like buy hamburger.
After a recent trip to the grocery, Martin and I were talking about this. In the past, its been so easy to look at these foreigners as "dumb". Now we find ourselves right where they are. Almost every single thing we go to do is different. Now I admire their courage. Its not easy to move to a new country. - Rachel
YES! Oh how I wish every American could understand that.
ReplyDeleteGood point Rach! I thought of you today! We went out to the Annual Meeting Grounds so the boys could see the tents and I got a big hug from your Mom! :) Keep up the courage!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Nicole
Oh, I miss you Rachel! Riley talks about Dinah and Titus and Andrew are on the big airplane... We have to keep telling him you're not anymore and now in Thailad. Hmmm, he's not getting it yet! I'm so excited to see you all again... soon! Keep looking up! Love you, Anna
ReplyDeleteDear Friends... My love and prayers are with you as you continue to adjust. A comment that I read one time stated: "Never laugh at someone who doesn't speak your language fluently; it means that he knows another language very fluently, and that is most likely more than you know." I've tried to remember that... Keep strong, understanding will come! Carolyn M
ReplyDeleteHow well I understand...it's humbling and overwhelming. love you!
ReplyDeletethinking about you often.. praying for you. joshua 1:7 says this. "only be strong, and very courageous..." you are a living testimony.. im praying for you today... "it's all about YOU! JESUS! and all this is for You, for your glory and your fame, its not about me, as if we should do things my way, You alone are God, and i surrendur,, to your way..." God bless you today.. prayers prayers prayers... love from Kristi b :)
ReplyDeleteHi Rach! I miss you so much!!! I am praying you will be filled with the Holy Spirit, peace and joy today. So good to know we can keep asking to be filled, for His well never runs dry even when we do! May you overflow, love ya, Rach B.
ReplyDelete