Thursday, January 28, 2010

...More on Joop Jang

Last evening as I approached the entrance to our home, I could see Joop Jang just outside our gate squatting down by our fence. I knew what she was doing but I kind of pretended not to see her. But as I pulled up to the gate, she stood up and pulled up her shorts and smiled at me. Later that evening she relieved herself again out by the road while playing hide and seek. That's twice in one night. Later, Dinah burst in the house saying that Jen was crying because of something Joop Jang had done to her. I tried to ignore it hoping that it was no big deal, but as we watched out the window, we could tell the situation was only getting worse. So, I went out there and with my arm on both of their shoulders I tried to find out what was going on. Finding out that there was indeed two sides to the story, I ask them to apologize to each other. I also explained the need for forgiveness and love. Thankfully, last Thursday, Ang had taught them the song, "...Love your neighbor as yourself, for God loves all..." So, the words to that song came in handy as I explained the need to love each other as we love our own self. The situation got better, and for the most part, they continued playing.
It is not easy. It is hard to know what to do in these situations. And yet we believe that if Jesus were here, He would be out there showing them the Father's love.
As you pray for us, please lift up these children also. I believe that someday they will be disciples of Jesus, if we apply ourselves to pray for them. Martin.

No comments:

Post a Comment