Monday, April 20, 2009

God is Good

Sawasdee ka. We have been very busy, and then for some reason I am having trouble getting on this site. Here's what we have been up to:
  • Last week, we moved to our next house. There was a lot of extra work involved, since the house wasn't quite ready to move into. It was a big challenge, but we were so thankful to receive help from some people at IGO.
  • Martin did quite a bit of shopping for a vehicle for us. So far, he gets around on his motorbike or we all go somewhere in a borrowed car or get a taxi (songtaow). I am happy to say that he found a four door small pickup. Now I get to learn to drive stick shift and also to drive on the other side of the road :|
  • The children have had some sickness this week. A had fever first, and now D & T have it.
This time of transition into life here is difficult. It seems like I am no longer good at anything I used to be good at. I can't even figure out what to buy at the grocery, or drive, or talk to my neighbor. But there are some things that transcend culture and language... smiles, and love, and my Father. He is here with us. He still is smiling upon us, even when I can't see it. Rachel

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited about how the Lord is shaping you and growing you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you in our prayers: Daily strength, Good health, Minute-by-minute reassurance and knowledge that you are serving HIM and that He is guiding you each moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Martin and Rachel and family,
    I just now caught up on all of your blog posts. Wow, what an adventure God has called you to! I love you and will be praying for you as you continue to adjust. May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face to shine upon you, and may you feel His presence at all times.
    love,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel! Thanks for the update. You can do it, even when it's hard - just remember that you are NOT getting ready for A.M. and all the details that go into it =) On a good note, Nathan & M. are coming down next weekend for the workday and staying with us =) That will be a fun prelude. Blessings on your day and give your children a squeeze for me!

    ReplyDelete