Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Hello! Just thought I would give you some misc. info on our life now...
  • Housing - we are currently living in the moobaan (housing development) where Martin looked around in Nov. We are in a duplex; we have 2 bedrooms and 2 bath so its working fine. Not alot of room outside for the children to play, but its ok for a short time. Next week, we plan to move to another house we are committed to for 3 months. We could stay there for up to 10 months, while the current tenants are home on furlough. However, we would like to find a place of our own to rent after our committed 3 months are up.
  • Weather - it is so hot! Monday night Martin & I were sure it got hotter during the night instead of cooler! Woke up at 6:30 this morning to 78 degrees with 66% humidity. There is a nice breeze now and then that helps. We are so glad for a/c in our bedrooms! It poured down rain this evening, and cooled off for a little while.
  • Children - they are adjusting to life here. Its still probably the greatest stress point for Martin & I. We have so much we are dealing with, and then they are fussy & clingy. Only by God's grace are we getting through each day! Right now, their highlights are: riding the motorbike with Martin, playing in the water, walking to the neighborhood store for ice cream. D & I have been starting some school. T loves to play in the water and I found him this morning out playing with a hose in his p.j.s!
  • What we are doing - Martin is busy doing things like: getting stuff together for his schooling and meeting with the school (he will start on april 20). and getting things worked out for our new rental, plus running errands. I am doing laundry, washing dishes, being a mother. This morning we all went swimming and that felt great :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello dear family! I am finally to a spot I can catch up on your blog in person. R is blocked from blogs at FLI so we have to sign on away from home. Right now we are taking a much looked forward to field trip and family vacation in Williamsbg, VA. We are thinking of you often and are anxious to 'talk' soon. I am blessed as R often prays for you at our meal table. You are loved and remembered daily. Blessings of grace and peace and comfort from the God of all comfort. Go in His name and watch Him bring down all those false gods before your eyes!
    In Him, Reuben, Julie, Rayna, Elsa, Drew, Tasha, and Trevor

    - Reuben's note: Hey Martin, I thought of you today as we passed over the Chickahominy River in VA...I missed the 3-part harmony of "Chickahominee, Chickahominee, that's where you've gotta be is Chickahominee..." and the other melodious refrains that I can't quite remember :) Precious memories, how they linger:)
    We read tonight in Luke about the boy that was taken by an unclean spirit and how the power of Jesus rebuked him, sent him, and healed the boy, returning him to his father. Jesus the same yesterday, today, and forever! I thought of you over there in his name...bringing in that name of power to those who may have never heard...God bless you, loved ones!

    ReplyDelete